- 2 Layers of Washable and Breathable Fabric
- Internal Pocket for Filter or Nose Wire
- Completely Covers the Nose and Mouth
- Fits Snugly against the Sides of the Face (no gaps)
- Sturdy Elastic for Each Ear
- 3 Sizes
- Manufactured in the USA!!
We carefully constructed our masks by using a double layer of breathable and soft cotton fabric. In addition to the double layer of fabrics, we have included an internal pocket for you to add your own filter and nose wire (pipe cleaner). FILTERS and PIPE CLEANERS are NOT included.
Our masks are form fitting. All our masks are handmade and as a result, there could be nominal size variations. The measurements below are the rough estimate measurements of the physical mask. The elastic loops that wrap around each ear are proportional to the masks (larger masks have larger loops). We have made three sizes.
- Large = measure roughly 7.5 - 7.75" wide (give or take a few)
- Medium = measure roughly 6 1/4 - 6 3/4" wide (give or take a few)
- Small = measure roughly 6 - 6 1/4" wide (give or take a few)
All users expressly accept that our product is SOLD AS IS. NO RETURNS or EXCHANGES. KILOGEAR does not warrant design or manufacture quality.
- The CDC and Harvard Health both recommend washing your hands as soon as you remove the mask.
- Masks can be hand washed or machine washed.
- If you have included any added pipe cleaners or filters, remove first.
- Some websites recommend washing the mask using boiling water for several minutes to kill the virus if you do not have a dryer.
- Wash the masks in hot water. The World Health Organization (WHO) found that 132.8 degrees Fahrenheit (56 degrees Celsius) is hot enough to kill the coronavirus that causes SARS. Other tests found higher temperatures, up to 149º F (65º C), are more effective.
- Because those temperatures are scalding for human skin, using warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds is the CDC’s guideline for hand-washing. Since fabric can withstand higher temperatures, the CDC recommends washing clothing in the “warmest appropriate water setting.”
- When you remove the mask from the washing machine, or if you hand wash the masks, avoid shaking the mask.
- It is recommended that you dry the masks in the dryer for over 28 minutes on high heat.
- Using a microwave or rice cooker is not recommended.
- There is limited information on hang drying guidelines. However, earlier in March, it was recommended that you hang dry for at least three days. There is no exact information on drying in the air, sun or in the home. You can review more at the CDC:
OUR MASKS ARE NOT FDA OR CDC APPROVED. THESE ARE NOT N95 MASKS. WE HAVE NOT TESTED THE MASKS AND THERE ARE NO MEDICAL CLAIMS WITH REGARDS TO THE USE OF THESE MASKS. THESE MASKS MAY NOT PROVIDE ANY PROTECTION AGAINST INFECTION DISEASES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19, SARS, MERS, FLU, COLD, ETC… THEREFORE, KILOGEAR ACCEPTS ZERO LIABILITY AS THESE MASKS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED OR APPROVED FOR PROTECTION. WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK.